The Nutrition Programme Implementation Unit (NPIU) is responsible for implementation of nutrition programmes and the Head reports to the Deputy Executive Director.
The NPIU is responsible for the following:
- Coordinate the development of annual plans for nutrition programming in line with priorities set in the policy document
- Coordination of the Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) Programme and Maternal Nutrition plans
- Coordination of the implementation of micronutrient deficiency control programme
- Define standard norms and guidelines for effective nutrition programme and service delivery for use by implementing agencies
- Provide technical and material support for nutrition programme activities within stakeholder institutions as the need arises.